I got a tickle out of Mr. Weidner last night on Fade to Black. (around the 2:12:02 mark) He practically said that when he was talking about the practice of alchemy. Bench engineering: it’s kinda like the tinkerer in his garage playing with magnets and electricity that happens on something that works. Then he sees if he can do it again, and then he refines it to get it to do precisely what he wants. Lols, it’s called MacGyvering it! And in a great sense it’s about playing, tinkering, having fun, letting the world show you how it works.
There are those of us out there who have ‘tinkered’ with our selves this way too – through thought, yoga, meditation, art, music, drugs – we are constantly ‘playing’ with life, energy and our capabilities. We are quite literally ‘bench-engineering’ ourselves. Without any and I mean any basic knowledge of how we really work, or how we really function. But we are paying attention to what happens and we are using intent to want to know how we work beyond the physical to focus our awareness such that the information is then delivered, or made obvious to us. There is never a time that a mental plea for information is not answered. “Ask, and ye shall receive.” is a true-ism.
Yes, when your focus in life is to learn this stuff, and you go to religious, spiritual, academic sources, to schools and repositories of information, to groups and to gurus, asking to be taught, asking to be given what you think will lead you to the answer, there is a price. When the irony of it is, this information is all there for the asking from the inside out. In other words, no one can tell you and 90% of them out there will not tell you, and the other 10% will lead you to the inner path. The books, the schools are really an impediment to the real ‘A-ha’ moment which can only come when you turn on the inner light and see. They can support and direct but they cannot not give you the gem you are looking for – you must do that. And you realize that it is only the first step – that the information nexus that turned on at that first light is only the first step in a vast array of truths to be seen. There is no graduation there is only the next step, the next level. It’s the real NeverEnding Story.
Life is alchemy.
Alchemy is information.
Information is consciousness and,
Consciousness is the unified field.
ps. the books are inside you